Tuesday, February 22, 2011

a sick kid

it has been a while since I've had a kid with a fever. I think it's been since last winter. So it has been a long time since I've had to buy children's medicine to manage fever and aches. My favorite is Motrin. I really don't know why they make Tylenol for anyone older than 1 year; it doesn't work.
the last two nights Ronan has had a fever. just a mild one, but it's there. I don't know what is making him sick. he doesn't complain of any problems with any part of his body and if I hadn't touched him and noticed an increase in temperature, I would have never suspected there was a problem.
but I have one bottle of Motrin that has currently has 3 left. Last night before Tim came home he called and asked if there was anything we needed and I mentioned the Motrin. He searched high and low I think he said that he had gone to 4 different stores looking and they are all out or don't carry it! what! how can they not carry it, it's worth more than gold! it is magic in a tiny chewable tablet!
yesterday afternoon he took a nap for about 4 hours. then he got up and ran around the house like nothing was ever wrong with him.
about 3 this morning I woke up and there is Ronan and he told me "my fever came back". the poor little guy was right. it was back and higher than yesterday.
so now we are left with 3 motrin and a hope that I can find something adequate at the store today. and if he isn't feeling better by tomorrow I'll be taking him in to the clinic for a strep test, since that's been going around.

No comments:

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...