Monday, January 31, 2011

visually stunning

we are having an old fashioned Minnesota Winter.


remember when you were little and you would hear the old folks talk about "In my day..."
Tim and I find ourselves doing that with our kids. wow. I never thought I would ever... but one thing we often recall and talk about with our kids is Winter.
In my day there was so much more snow. I remember my mom telling me about how back in her day there was even MORE snow than what was normal for me.
in the last 20 years (ugh) there has been decidedly less snowfall around here. however, this winter has been very familiar to me... just like the winters of my youth.

snow is so pretty, but it does get really boring really fast. once in a while we get a little bit warmer day and it makes the perfect fog conditions. I love love love those days. it is awful for driving, but it makes up for it in the stunning frost that is left all over the trees and anything that may be holding on to the tiniest bit of heat.
totally gorgeous.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

This has been a very snowy winter. The good part is that when it snows and blows this much I do not have to go to work as my work has to do with the school being open. The bad part is that I do not get paid !!

I absolutely love the beautiful portraits that the weather is creating too. To think that God made all of this is breathtaking.

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...