Monday, May 17, 2010

okay... we were pressed for time

tonight and next week Erica has band and choir concert. for some reason they decided that the girls should have to wear their prom dresses or something formal. Erica isn't interested in prom or anything along those lines so she just doesn't have anything formal-y. so out to the thrift store we go. we were pressed for time and there are very few options when it comes to prom/formal attire around these parts (dresses with modesty issues) but we were pressed for time and I can't sew very well. we bought one of the two dresses that fit her (the one that looked less hooker like) and so I crocheted up a quick shrug to cover her shoulders and bit of back that was still bare.

while I was helping her with her hair she said "I feel like I'm playing dress up". she is so uncomfortable getting all fancy.

I wish I still had the figure that Erica has now. She's so lovely it's heart breaking.




1 comment:

Anita said...

She looks BEAUTFIUL!!! I saw the shrug on Sunday but I didn't know that you had made it for that reason. I can't believe you! I would have been able to sew that dress faster than I could have "crocheted up a quick shrug". That's saying a LOT considering I have no idea how to sew clothes. PERIOD. Nice job!

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...