Monday, August 23, 2010

can it get any better?

over the last few weeks I've been having health issues that have been enough of a bother to actually go see a doctor. every test they have done has come back showing that everything is normal... however, something is most certainly not normal because I have been having painful edema and somewhat elevated blood pressure. nothing to worry about, huh.

so this morning I went to the doctor for more test results that said I'm fine on paper, why not go in for more freaking expensive testing that will just show the doctors that everything is 'fine'?

there was a brief... intermission, if you will, and then I was back home where everything is fighting and more fighting right in front of me. really? I know that I'm going deaf, but I'm not so deaf that I don't know fighting when I hear it, especially when it is within 5 ft of me.
but do they listen? why on earth would anyone ever do such a thing? I'm mentally challenged, at best.
but the day did grow and flourish from there.

  • I had a child puke on the living room floor and
  • had the previously mentioned puker throw the longest recorded tantrum and
  • of course, while I'm trying to get dishes done the remaining children sat contentedly oblivious whilst the 3 yr old got tangled up in his back pack straps and proceeded to scream bloody murder until I came to rescue him. they never batted an eye lash and then tried to defend their selfishness by claiming ignorance even though the child was rolling around on the floor less than a yard away. all they had to do was turn their aristocratic head 90 degrees to the left after they heard the screaming. too much to ask for I guess
  • little miss princess bawls her head off if I demand manual labor out of her. so she was crying and stomping her feet and throwing things around because she was mad at me for making her stop her very important bossing and coloring project. the nerve of me!
  • I had a semi grown child wash a load of darks in BLEACH! WHAT THE?!
  • and don't forget the fighting and not listening to me. I must sound like the adults in a Charlie Brown cartoon.... no, because those kids actually knew what those adults were talking about.

6 comments:

Anita said...

I'm sorry it's been so rough! I hope they can figure out what's going on with your health. And my kids never seem to actually hear me either. I think it's something that happens at about two months. Those first two months they seem to actually WANT to hear your voice then slowly something changes until they don't understand a thing you say.
If it helps, it's not just you having a rough time. I backed into the garage door yesterday and in so doing destroyed the door and mangled the top of our van. I was NOT a happy camper and remembering it still makes me sick.

Abby said...

I'm sorry about the garage door and van.
there's always something, huh

I always feel like I'm the worst mom ever. other parents are WAY more successful with their children and I can't even get my kids to do anything unless I'm screaming like a banshee. my big kids won't just help because they see something that needs doing. they would rather climb over a mountain of trash.
I just can't seem to do anything right lately. I wonder if I ever will.

klll
Oh man! I just rested my hands on the keyboard and that happened... I hope it's not a subliminal message

Abby said...

I suppose I can take my frustrations out on the flies that are in the house

Anita said...

What have your symptoms been besides the edema and the elevated blood pressure?

Abby said...

I was just talking to Tim about what else I think is wrong with me.
we are wondering if my allergies have anything to do with what is going wrong with me.
my eyes hurt and itch terribly, especially in the last couple of days.
I've been having frequent headaches.
my sinuses hurt and are stuffy and I wake up almost every morning coughing like a chain smoker but then I don't have that problem much after noon.
I get short of breath after little things like having to bend over and pick things up. but not if I have to walk around for a long time.
Insomnia has been a bother for me for the last month. I can't get to sleep until really late and then I will end up waking up really early and then be awake for a couple of hours.

I don't know what to think. I hope it is related to my allergies somehow and then we will be forced to move away from the 'dead marshes/bog of eternal stench' that is supposed to be a lake next to our house.

Abby said...

oh, I forgot to add that my allergies have been causing me to suffer for the last 5 months straight.

when ever you see me wearing my glasses, those are the days that are the worst

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...