Wednesday, August 17, 2011

what Ronan found

the other day Tim and I were talking about the poor little creatures that have entered our yard only to meet their untimely demise... however, not all of them die and not all of them were going to live long anyway.
but the conversation did bring us to the conclusion that we were both very happy that we live on the edge of wilderness and civilization because of the experiences with natural life that our children get to have. they certainly wouldn't have as many or wouldn't get to gain the knowledge by watching and gain experience by helping these animals if they lived in the middle of the city. (ugh, what a thought. I don't think I could survive that)

Two days ago Ronan discovered a rarity in our yard. She is so beautiful and at the same time a little bit scary. I'm sure the scary part is just me. I'm not afraid of her, but there's just something about her that stirs some thoughts in my mind.... perhaps a childhood trauma?

Ronan found her in the grass and Erica is always ready to catch any interesting bug. I don't know that they get much more interesting than her.
Every time Erica and I look at her we can't help ourselves but start making whispering sounds. Lord of the Rings just has that kind of impact on us :D



The Eagles are coming!



No comments:

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...