Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Finally put on a show for Daddy

usually I feel baby movements much earlier in pregnancy than the "books" say I'm supposed to.  please, don't tell me those books know better... I know exactly what it is I'm feeling when a baby is kicking me.

before the ultrasound last month I had already figured out that the placenta was anterior because by 19 weeks I hadn't felt a single twitch.  then when I finally did it was quite low and very small kicks.
about 3 weeks ago I finally felt a kick strong enough to be felt from outside of my belly.
then a week later another strong enough to feel with my hand.  so I called for Tim to come and feel and of course, as soon as he had his hand on my belly the baby stopped kicking.
then about a week ago another, and again, as soon as Tim's hand was in place, the baby sensed his presence and stopped moving.

FINALLY tonight, after being kicked nearer to my pelvic bones and just at my sides, the baby has turned and has their feet right up in my ribs kicking to beat that band!  I could feel it, but didn't expect to feel anything from the outside.  Umm, I just saw my entire belly jiggle!!!  hey!  if baby is making my belly move then I must be able to feel that one with my hand.
I called Tim over, trying very hard not to move for fear that baby would then move and it would be all over.  I gently placed Tim's hand on the top of my belly and WHAM.  for almost 10 minutes he sat there with his hand on the baby's kicking foot and I sat as still as possible so I didn't shift the baby out of that position.
a wonderful moment.  6 babies and this just never gets old.

1 comment:

Anita said...

That's so fun! Lukas would never cooperate until the very end. Then the kids could feel him move. I don't remember Aaron even trying to feel him move. That always made me sad. When I'd mention that he was moving Aaron didn't ever make any effort to come feel it. I guess he figured that if he felt it with the first one, and the second, he didn't really need to bother with the last two. Brynn LOVED to feel him move, though! That is one thing that I will definitely miss with not having any more babies!

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...