Sunday, January 12, 2014

it was a birthday!

Connor turned 9!
can you believe it?!  I hardly can.

some days he looks so big, other days he still looks like he should be 3 years old. the time is just flying by


I had tried to get a picture of  Connor for his birthday picture, but Kellan wanted to get in on it.

 Kellan loves to steal the show.
but it's okay.  everyone loves him so much that they don't mind when he does.
I'm sure that it won't last much longer, though.

Connor was just beside himself waiting for people to hurry up so we could have cake.
while we were in the living room talking, he was in the kitchen putting the candles on the cake (in the shape of a 9)
yep... that is the same frosting. I didn't get pictures up last year of his birthday, but he did have the same frosting.
I think that makes at least 7 birthday cakes in a row now.  Maybe more, I'm not completely sure.


Grandma and grandpa brought him a remote controlled 4 wheeler.  and there is Kellan back to stealing the show.
he chased that thing back and forth across the floor and did eventually catch it.
but he was so sad the whole time. he just doesn't understand yet that not everything is his.


Ronan was the one buzzing with excitement over giving Connor his present from mom and dad.
I almost didn't get a picture of him getting it open.
don't trust the picture of Connor here... he really was very happy and excited to get a DS game.
it was nice of Connor to let Ronan climb over his shoulder to watch him play.
Ronan is practically sitting in his lap!

it was a pretty fun birthday and they went to sleep playing the game late into the night.  I think I probably fell asleep before these two.



1 comment:

Birrd said...

You have such beautiful children! Happy birthday Connor! I hope I get to meet you someday.

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...