Wednesday, August 26, 2009

YARN! Part 2

this is a few days over due. I promised some pictures several days ago and I haven't been very diligent about the finishing touches and the pictures until this morning.


with all the yarn that Jannie gave me and I absorbed from another generous donor, I decided that I probably should get cracking to make some space so I settled on making hats.

I have another one that is just a brown beanie type hat right now. I will decorate that one later... but in the mean time here are some pictures of completed hats. I am going to list two of these today on my web store
the hat that Connor is wearing is a hat that I owe everyone an apology for. a couple of people picked it up and said "oh, it looks like there's brown in this!" and I would say "well, it's blue, I just used blue, blue and blue." and I insisted that I was right. then I picked it back up today just before I put it on Connor's head and realized that I am mentally challenged and it is in fact blue blue and brown!


This hat is a modified hat from a hat that was sort of copied from the movie Twilight. the pattern is all wrong and in the end it turns out kind of pointy when I follow the old pattern. I couldn't stand it so I changed the pattern to lay flatter on top and to much more closely resemble the hat in the movie. I probably will do a bit more adjusting on my pattern of it because I'm not 100% satisfied with it.


This one is a pumpkin. I thought about making it be a jack-o-lantern but after putting the curly 'vines' on it I decided that putting a face on it would make it too busy and it is adorable as it is. plus then it isn't strictly limited to being worn in October.


Thanks again, Jannie.

1 comment:

Anita said...

Those are darling! I love them!

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...