Monday, November 23, 2009

more nature in our back yard

so it isn't exactly in our back yard, but it was about a block away from our back yard.

Alice gave me another call today. I think she is going to be my neighborhood bird watcher.
paraphrasing, she said there are two bald eagles in the tree by the lake out by the highway, they're just sitting there.

I really wish I had a better zoom lens on my camera, but I can't really complain because although a bit fuzzy around the edges, these are the best bird of prey pictures I've taken in the last couple of years.

they sat and looked at me for a couple of minutes. I snapped away but missed any pictures of them looking directly at me.
then a really noisy truck went by and they had decided that they had enough.
my lens isn't great for action focusing. ah well. I was glad for the opportunity to get this close.

4 comments:

Krista, Greg and Zachary! said...

holy cow, ABBY, these are such cool pictures! You are so lucky to live somewhere it is so close :)

Anita said...

I love bald eagles! That is so neat that you were able to get that close for pictures. They were still much better than I would have been able to take with my camera's zoom. Thanks for sharing!

Abby said...

they are finally making a come back around here. I remember only about two or three times ever seeing eagles until 7 years ago. now we see them several times a year.

Birrd said...

Very very cool!

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...