Sunday, November 29, 2009

December ~ a.k.a. the busiest month of my year

Even though it is the most hectic month, I'm so excited. Emma is right there with me. we are so excited about Christmas just around the corner. Hooray!

In no time at all it will be December. In fact in a day and a half it will be. I have noticed that the older I get the faster time flies, but this year has got to be the fastest one yet. I wonder what the next year will be like.

So here it comes, our families busiest month. it begins with the traditional Sisters' Camp Out where my sister rents a cabin and we all show up with the tastiest treats and music and warm clothes and bedding. we laugh and sing songs and some of us dance around. then we head over to the cemetery and sing to our mothers (Melanie was born of a different set of parents as the rest of us, but she is our sister all the same) ~ I forgot! Charity gets to come this year too! I am so very ready to have that night out. It's only one night away but it is extremely rejuvenating. then back home we go ready to be with our kids who drive us crazy and in essence drove us away for a night in the first place.

the following week we have two music programs at school immediately followed by Erica's then Timothy's birthdays.
I can't believe that I am old enough to have a daughter that is going to be 15 in just a couple of weeks! How did this happen?

the next week is busy because I will be making Christmas treats for Christmas day. I make all kinds of things and then must hide them so the kids and the husband don't eat them all. last year I went through three bags of pretzels for chocolate covered pretzels because Tim took one bag with him to work. not that I'm complaining. so this year I'm planning on at least one bag to wander off to work with him.
so then at the end of that week Emma has her music program at school.

which then brings up to Christmas week. I must finish all the treats and all the wrapping. I need to make sure the kids have shopped for the person they chose out of a hat. then on to Grandma's house Christmas Eve. we have a great time visiting and snacking and visiting more. when we get home the kids have to go to sleep as soon as possible because by then I'm beat and want to set out presents and go to sleep.

Christmas is our day... just ours. we sleep as long as the kids will allow and then we get up and quickly set out treats and open presents. then the kids play with their presents we play games and watch movies and nibble all day long, in our pajamas.
I can't wait!

No comments:

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...