Monday, March 15, 2010

I wish I had seen it

yesterday at church Tim and I had gone outside between classes. it was nice and quiet but you could hear a little background chatter. we took a few steps and then I suddenly realized what that chatter was. Robins!

I love robin's song. it's so cheerful and uplifting. it's kind of like it's heralding the green grass and dry ground. it means that colorful things are about to happen.
I'm feeling kind of desperate for beautiful colors and a dry yard so I can kick the kids out of the house and so I can make plans this spring and summer for days at the arboretum. Last year we didn't go and it was kind of a depressing year.

it's time to stretch and cast off this winter gloom.

forget Mr. Groundhog as a predictor of spring. He's got nothing on Robin.

Thank you, little Robin, for cheering me and giving me hope that this winter is on it's way out.

No comments:

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...