Monday, March 15, 2010

mmmm, pi

today was pi day - 3/14 (3.14) I did not make a pie.

this week Erica will be reciting pi again at school and she is attempting to break her record from last year. I'm surprised that I didn't write about it last year. well to rectify that oversight (March was very busy and worrisome last year), I'll mention it now.

in honor of pi day last year the school had a bit of a contest to see who could memorize the most numbers in pi past the decimal point. the last school record had been held for about 4 years and Erica just creamed that record. she memorized it 50 more places than the previous record with about 153 number places past the decimal.

Since then she has continued to memorize more numbers in pi. she is really close to 250 places. I think that not only will she break her old record, but she will more than likely hold that record for years and years to come. maybe even decades and decades.

Good luck Erica!

I will, hopefully, be better about reporting the exciting results.

2 comments:

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...