Tuesday, June 5, 2012

the birthday boy is 5!!!

 on Ronan's birthday we woke up to one of the new bunnies having breakfast out our front window.  he was so cute. the kids were really good about sneaking quietly over to look at him.  he then made his way over to one of my flower beds and I really didn't want him there because we have some new seedlings in there this year.   Daddy and Ronan went out and startled him away.  I don't mind him eating the clover and dandelions in the yard, but they never do just stop there...
 later in the day we had a visit and grandma brought presents.  Captain America is a big hit!!!  Ronan LOVES everything super hero and he especially loves the Avengers.  however, he already has many Iron Man action figures so a new hero was exactly the way to go.  Thanks Grandma!
 while arranging pictures and thinking about the other day, I realized that I had forgotten to have him sit and have an official Birthday Picture.  Ugh, what was I thinking?!  it must be pregnant brain.  but I did get a couple of pictures of him sitting excitedly waiting for cake and icecream

 and you might ask yourself what is he doing here?  well, the day before is Daddy's birthday.  while singing happy birthday to daddy, dad was pointing quite obviously to himself and singing happy birthday to ME.  Ronan loves everything about daddy and wants to be just like him (and I'm so glad.  there's no one better to have as your real life hero)
so while we were singing happy birthday to Ronan, he was very obviously pointing to himself.  :D
 Ronan lit the candles all by himself.  (yep, the cake was pink - it tasted like strawberry sugar wafers) and when it was time to blow them out, it took him probably 7 times before he aimed it right or opened his mouth enough to get sufficient air across the flames...
 It is so hard to get a good angle on these kids when they are opening presents.  I had him start out on the couch but the excitement was just too much for him and he was all over the place.  he opened one present (the game card that goes with the DS he got) and he popped it open and    POW  in your face showed Connor and Emma.  I wish I had gotten a picture of that, it was precious!  but so fast.
he knew what was coming next and there was no way we were going to get  him back on the couch for a better picture.
he opened it up, put the game in, turned it on, and played like a professional.   the most frustrating part of birthday pictures is that everyone is so pulled in by the thrill of it all that I have a hard time getting a picture of just the birthday star.
but since all the kids have a DS now, they all play together with the games that they can wirelessly share and most of the time it has been fun.

Happy Birthday, MacaRoni!

1 comment:

Anita said...

Happy late birthday, Ronan! You're awesome and so much fun!! I loved having him at Logan's party. I've never really been around him much but he's great!

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...