Friday, June 1, 2012

a very big day today!

first of all and most importantly, it is Tim's birthday!  I will be making his frostingless cake today. and later today I will be making another birthday cake for Ronan's big day tomorrow!

our other big day today is that it is the last day of school for the kids.  they are all thrilled with the exception of Connor who insists that he doesn't want school to be done.  He did have a terrific teacher this year and I'm sure that plays a big part in his desire to continue school.

Timothy is on a trip to Valley Fair today.  he almost didn't go and I was feeling bad about that because a) he worked hard this entire year and has been on the B honor roll all year and I think he deserves a fun trip.  and b)  his best friend will be moving this summer and I felt like the more time they can muck around together before they leave the better.

Erica is going to be picking up her work shirt and schedule for her new job.  she is very excited to get started and I'm very excited for her to get started.  I could always use an extra hand around here, but lately she hasn't done much even when I beg so I will be glad for her to have a life lesson that she can apply directly to herself without me trying to cram the lesson down her throat.   I think her outlook on things will change when she realizes that I am not trying to be a mean person but help her understand how the rest of the world works.

Emma simply needs the break from school and all things social.  although this summer her best friend's family is planning a move and that will be sad, I'm sure she will be glad to have the break from the requirements of school and the social demands put on her since she tends to be a bit more reserved (much like I was/am).  more than that, I'm sure that she will probably focus more on me and the baby.  she has been so excited about the baby.  though the rest of the kids have been excited and happy, Emma has by far been more interested in how big the baby is now and what's new with the baby...
I will be having a few more appointments with my OB starting in a couple of weeks and through Summer. she will likely be wanting to come with us.  we'll see.  I may have her come along to a couple of them since she won't have anything else to need to do.   (however, with Erica and Timothy working this summer the little kids might have to come to an appointment or two anyway)

2 comments:

Anita said...

Where is Erica going to be working? The first real job. It will certainly open her eyes to a few things!

Abby said...

She just started yesterday at our little grocery store here in town.
Erica said that as she was working my sister came in to the store and walked around for like 10 minutes talking on her phone and so Erica waved and she didn't notice her. so when she went through the checkout Erica said hi and my sister said hi but still didn't notice it was her. she's always been kind of oblivious to things so not really surprised. Erica ended up having to say "Hi Adrienne" before she realized who she was.

I just smile and shake my head

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...