Tuesday, August 27, 2013

first day of school

thirteen years ago she was going to her first day of school ever

 I had very mixed feelings that day.  I was starting a new job in the company I worked and she was starting school.  it was a very emotional day
and then I got a speeding ticket on the way to pick her up from school.

today, thirteen years later.  on her way to her first day of college.
 it was another emotional day but I'm better at dealing with them these days.  my feelings were that of pride in my daughter for taking some grown up steps in her life.  any emotions that rent any tears is more for the passage of time and that of missing my little girl.
 she's not (and hasn't been for a long time) little anymore.

she's been anxious to get started with school.  needing something different to do and different people to meet has been a big part of her desire to go to school.

all as it should be
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, she has grown. I remember my first meeting with Erica and Timothy. She looks so little.

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...