Friday, July 10, 2015

BIG change of plans

so, to recap -- the last post I wrote was about my plans to get not quite so ugly and unlovable.
BUT things happened and I decided to get a job instead.
it is difficult leaving my kids home.  I'd much rather be there for them all the time.  but we need money and we need to get on top of things if we ever hope to move into a real and sturdy house.

what have I been doing?  most people I know already know.  at least those that I am closest to.
I started working for a woman I know.  she has a company that makes handmade baby wraps for baby wearers.
I have been learning a lot and I really enjoy it (most days when the warp is cooperative)
I weave.  on a loom.  yep a loom.  we work on the most wonderful pieces making the most beautiful fabric.

I have taken a few pictures here and there with my phone and my ipod.  they are not the best quality but that's okay.
 I worked on this a couple of days ago.
there's a better picture of it below







 these other pictures are of finished pieces (I did not photograph these but wanted to show what I've been working on)



 I wove this twill.  I've done this twill before (see purple to red piece above) but I made a mistake on this one - I've just found out - and I am so horribly embarrassed. not only that but I'm mad at myself.   I can do better than this.  I have done better than this and it's going to bother me forever.

 another twill I worked on.  I did better this time. 




https://www.facebook.com/fairyrivertextiles

No comments:

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...