Wednesday, May 9, 2012

thump thump swish

last month, for my birthday, Tim got me (us) a fetal doppler so we can listen to the baby whenever we want to and not have to wait until our prenatal appointments to get a chance.

at first we couldn't find a heartbeat because baby was still very small and we would have had to be right on to pick up the heart.
a few days later we found it and every time ever since.

there are days when I feel suspiciously good and other days when I feel exceptionally terrible.
on those days I bring out the doppler and have a listen to either make sure the baby is fine and I'm just having a good day or try to give me strength when I'm throwing up most of the day and half dead on the couch the rest of the day.

Monday was a half dead kind of day (Tuesday too) so I went to the doppler for some comfort. while listening to the heartbeat I heard the cutest thump and swish. I yelled for Tim to hurry and hear what I was hearing and we sat there and listened for several minutes.
those pretty little thump and swish sounds were the baby kicking me :D
I can't feel them yet. perhaps another anterior placenta. but it was sweet knowing that our baby is developing well (as far as we can hear) and can move it's little arms and legs


4 comments:

Birrd said...

Oh, I can so sympathize with those dead days on the couch... how nice to have the doppler and know that you're not just dying of some horrible disease! I think I need to get me one.

Abby said...

I thought I might just be addicted to listening to the baby but I've been good and manage to only use it a couple of times a week.
I'm sure the closer to delivery I get the more I'm going to be listening in, especially when I haven't felt baby move much for a while.

my last baby I had a few scares. he had so much fluid in there with him that I didn't feel him as much as I would have liked.

Anita said...

It can be so scary when you can't feel them move! I'm glad you have the doppler and it works for you!

Abby said...

Birrd, I highly recommend one. I have a Sonoline B and it works wonderfully.
ever since I was 11 weeks and found baby I have found the heartbeat every time I've tried.
It is the greatest investment for pregnant peace of mind.

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...