Sunday, December 21, 2008

snowed in

We are snowed in today. it has been just fine by me. it allowed me to sleep in late and I was able to have a quiet chat with my husband for a little bit. We made hot chocolate and popcorn. the day is still not over, even though it is the shortest day of the year, so we are going to watch a movie and then have supper.

We had some snow yesterday but it is blowing around a lot along with a windchill of way below zero. BRRRR!

this snow is from a couple of days ago. we had snow last Sunday night and a lot of wind then, too, but it wasn't as windy and bitter as it was yesterday and today. the snow on our little cottage had a little curly end and right before I took the picture the curl fell off. it made me sad.


the snow that we got was sticky and the wind blew it right into the house. I had put the old christmas tree in there a couple of weeks ago - when Tim was dealing with the water heater - but I got sick after that and didn't get any lights hung. The snow made it very pretty. the other day I had the kids hang the popcorn and cranberry garland that they made at grandma's house the other week.


Merry Christmas

No comments:

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...