Monday, April 18, 2011

another reason I hate Spring

people think I'm strange when I tell them that I hate Spring. to me Spring is not the lush green world that people love to imagine it as. it is the brown and black slop that happens when the snow melts, nothing is growing at that time. that is true Spring. you will argue that this is only a small part of what Spring is, but allow me to submit "evidence" to the contrary - Autumn and Winter.
the rest of the world considers Autumn to be the lovely time of year when all the leaves change colors and the air begins to dry and the smells of harvest mixed with those beautiful leaf colors is a romantic thing... (in reality, Autumn ends in December after we have had snow for 6 weeks already)
Winter begins when it snows and the temperature remains under freezing. (in reality Winter starts on the 22nd of December)
for everyone it's 'Never mind the fact that each season is supposed to be measured out in 3 month intervals', but instead, for example: here in MN, Winter often lasts 5 - 6 months.

so being allowed to measure seasons according to these common descriptions or explanations... I count Spring as the muck and slop that it really is.
now as if that wasn't enough for me to truly be put off by the season, I have one more reason to dislike it. for the last 5 years I get sick in the spring. I either get bronchitis or a sinus infection. guess what. I currently have one or the other.

I can't wait for Fall

No comments:

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...