Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I'm so pleased I feel kind of smug

well, if you have read my crafting blog this is old news by now...

each Christmas I make a blanket for one of my children. so far I've made one for Connor, one for Emma, and one for Timothy. this year I am making one for Erica before she turns 18 and moves away.

I wanted to make something that she could grow up and feel like it wasn't lame or something that didn't really fit her personality anymore. so I thought and thought for such a long time, months in fact. I was finally inspired to make The Tree of Gondor. what could be more her? it's a tree for goodness sake and she is SO nature girl. it is also old and it compliments her soul.
pattern I decided on I found as a cross stitch pattern and doing only that would not make the blanket long enough, so I had to put more thought into it. some way to extend it without having too much negative space.
so I designed and made the pattern by copying the letters from Elvish. they're so beautiful.
I have finished her name and soon I will start on the tree it's self.
I must say I'm a bit irritated that it took me so long to figure out what to make for her. it really was so obvious

No comments:

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...