Tuesday, May 3, 2011

these are so good gracious adorable.


I saw a picture of some cute 'Converse' baby booties and I just had to make some. I looked around and the closest thing I could find in a pattern that was close to the ones I liked was written in Portuguese. even then I had to adjust what I could decipher.


for the last couple of days I've been working on figuring out how big and where to change stitches and how many stitches to skip, etc.... and every time I got closer to what I wanted to complete the more and more giddy I became. even now I have a hard time containing my glee at how totally beautiful these super cute shoes are.

I am making them for a friend who is having a baby in a couple of months. she is having a boy. so I really wanted to make her baby something special, something that wasn't a blanket (which I am sure she will be getting a million of from everyone else, believe me, after having 5 children I now have more baby blankets than I can count and I didn't spend a penny on any of them)



now that I have the technique down I am making another pair so that I can take detailed notes and write a pattern so that I can make a bunch for my grandchildren when ever they come to our family. their beautiful little feet will never get cold. :)

2 comments:

Krista, Greg and Zachary! said...

Abby! How do you do it?! I was just thinking I need to order my luna lovegood scarves and now these booties! So, I will be needing like 5 scarves and at leas one pair of these!

Abby said...

Krista,
I went to the post office yesterday. you should check your mail on Monday or Tuesday :)

We'll still talk about the scarves. I have a couple done and I'll send pictures of those and yarn colors

<3

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...