Monday, May 16, 2011

yesterday, uffdah

with the van being broken we've missed a lot of church. I know people are going to say that I should just ask for a ride or help to fix the van, but I hate the feeling I get when I ask for help. it makes me feel icky.

anyway, I was finishing up another little pair of those delightful booties and looked up to see the horrible mess in the entryway and it made me feel all stabby and angry, so if I was going to clean up all the kids' mess they were going to do something to.
Yesterday ended up being the busiest day of my year so far.

I cleaned up the coats and got the winter things packed away, I got rid of two hugely packed bags of clothes that were destined for goodwill. I borrowed the riding mower from my aunt and mowed my lawn. I demanded that the kids clean their rooms to a point that I didn't have hurtful thoughts when I looked in them.
the TV remained off until the kids went to bed.

so when the kids were done with their rooms and other odds and ends jobs that Tim could find for them they played outside - something that my kids can't do unless I am outside first or if I throw them out.

Emma is a very creative and art minded person. she went outside and started picking dandelions and clovers and some weeds :) etc and instead of just putting them in a jelly jar of water she found a new purpose for them.





after the art projects and lawn and door way etc Emma and I made cupcakes... and at the same time I started supper. I was getting kind of frantic at that point, trying not to burn the tuna patties and the cupcakes that were baking at the same time.
I didn't do anything physically strenuous, but at the end of the day I just felt ripped to shreds.


but that picture is fantastic

1 comment:

Anita said...

The exhaustion isn't just physical it's emotional, too. When you start a project with frustration (like the anger and frustration that hits boiling point when you just can't take the mess anymore) it wears on you!

That IS a very cool picture. Very creative, Emma!

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...