Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I wish someone would make one for me

much earlier this year I posted about how I am making the most wonderful, unbeatable, Christmas present anyone could ever hope to get.

well there is some progress with that. but now that the weather is cooler and dryer I expect this to take off like gangbusters!


as you can see there is now a tree making it's way into the blanket. I'm not even at the complicated bit... the branches part is going to be really interesting. but for now I still have about 20 rows of just tree trunk to work on and while it's very easy, it's a little hard on my hands. this honey is getting heavy!

at least it will be warm. and loved for decades to come.

2 comments:

Anita said...

It's looking very cool, and knowing the family, it will also be LOVED when it's complete!

Abby said...

when it's all done I'm going to take a break for a while. I've got little boys to make blankets for, but I am going to have to learn a different technique because that stitch is wreaking havoc on my tendonitis in my hand.
she says that she will love that thing more than any expressions of love can really tell, (I made her promise)
but if I find out that she mistreats it I am going to cut her name off it and replace it with my own. :)

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...