Monday, October 3, 2011

A beautiful Fall day

a few days ago I stepped out my door and looked at my wonderful trees. I love my trees! when we move from here those trees are going to be one of the most missed things about this place. I have three awesome oak trees and a very imposing basswood tree. Oaks are by far my favorite tree, but in my yard the basswood is our favorite. it's branches are wonderful! the lowest ones all bow down to the ground making a lovely 'room' that the kids love to play in.

I looked at those beloved trees and admired the leaves that are changing color. they all go brown and yellow. some day I'm going to have to have a maple or something that turns orange and red, but I still love my trees.

now this short story is becoming long...

I was thinking that I would have to find a good angle to take a picture of my trees and their leaves, but it's a bit tricky, and at this point it's kind of moot anyway since the very next day the wind blew through here so hard - I actually made Ronan stay as far away from the living room window as possible for fear that something might just blow through the window - most of the leaves are out of the basswood now. the oaks usually hang on really tight to their leaves for a while yet.

but while this is a ho-hum moment for me, the kids have a great time! and it's the only time I can get them to do any yard work without any complaining :D

since I've taken these pictures, this leaf pile has grown about twice it's size. pretty good considering our rake is broken.

No comments:

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...