Saturday, December 11, 2010

sweet 16 gets a very memorable birthday

this is our birthday girl. she is 16 today. most people want their 16 year old girl to remember their 16th birthday and they go to ridiculous lengths to make that day unforgettable.

how sweet :)

but what I can't make happen with money I make up for in other ways...
this is my kitchen window. that is snow, not frost covering that window.
thankfully the snow is NOT so deep that it has covered this window, but instead it is blowing around so much that it has completely covered that side of the house.
add that to me forgetting to buy ice cream for a birthday party and we are out of rice for her chosen birthday supper and there is a 1/4 inch of ice all over our road and we can not drive anywhere - not even to run to the store across our highway.
we can't even walk on the road outside our house... (that's another story I will try to tell you about later.)
so she might have to go without ice cream and rice for her birthday

this is how she feels about it.

but at least I have her cake done and her present bought already so she will have at least something if we can't get to the store soon.

Happy Birthday, sweety

2 comments:

Anita said...

It could still be a memorable birthday! Just not necessarily the way you would WANT her to remember it. I remember my 8th birthday (Friday the 13th by the way) I had a party outside. During my party one friend threw up, one sat in a present from the dog, the wind picked up and threw wrapping paper all over the yard and then it started raining on my cake. Not the best birthday, but memorable!

Abby said...

I'm glad that she won't have to remember her 16th birthday because of sick and dog gifts :)

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...