Saturday, February 23, 2013

slow going on the blogging front

this week has been a difficult one for blogging.  not because anything is particularly difficult around here (except that everyone is getting a head cold and that even counts Kellan - poor baby)
no.  it's because we've had two days off from school this week and not only is my computer being held hostage in a way, but I have also decided that NOW is the time to finally read the Hobbit and follow that up with The Lord of The Rings.  I guess my next few weeks are booked.  (terrible pun not intended)
in many ways this is (we'll call it) an oversight that I am truly embarrassed about when ever my kids and I talk about the movies.  I am a believer in the saying "the book was better" and the movies are favorites of ours.  people who only ever watch the movie miss so so much of the actual story. but I am still trying to be careful that in my quest to not miss the actual story I don't end up missing the rest of my family.

Kellan is growing normally.  He is talking more and more every day.  it was so funny, when he started trying to make sounds to practice talking he was really quiet about it.  it was like he was very shy.  I kind of think that it's a hereditary thing, shyness.  Both Tim and I are very introverted.  it takes me a really long time to warm up enough to someone to allow myself to be myself.  most of the rest of the kids are the same way.  Emma and Connor spring to mind with Emma in the lead.  I think Kellan is going to be the same way.

Connor had a bad dream the other night.  it involved Willy Wonka.  I may have to tell it some time (before I forget it)

well, I am abruptly ending this entry because we need(ed) to buy Ronan some pants that don't have holes in the knees.
I know... exciting!

No comments:

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...