Tuesday, January 26, 2010

just a tiny update...

I haven't written for a while and I thought that I'd better so I don't just forget about the blog all together.

I have been a bit busy over the last two weeks. I haven't gotten a lot done, but I've been multitasking a little for my store. I made up a new pattern last week and toy snake and posted them in my store. I made a soft book and finished a couple of hats.
I made a new hat for a lady in Grandma's town. I've been so pleased with it that I had to show it off and it's becoming my most popular craftster post. now I have to decide if I really do want to make a couple more and put them on my store site.
I've also been learning tunisian crochet. it is a little tricky at first but once you get the hang of it, it's really easy. Now I'll need to teach myself how to increase and decrease in tunisian stitch. but if I can't, it will make wonderful scarves anyway.

the kids had the day off of school yesterday and so it made a good opportunity to have a sleep over. Emma went to my sister's house and we took one of her boys. Before we could switch back the blizzard hit. Tim came home from work about an hour early and said they were closing the highway and that's why they were letting people go home early so I called my sister and said keep Emma for another night.
This morning when Tim got up for work the highway was still closed and our road was drifted shut enough that he would have gotten stuck. So he had to wait until we got plowed out and the reopened our highway.
a good old fashioned MN winter...

2 comments:

Anita said...

That wind was wild! There were a few times I was certain the house was just going to be picked up and blown away. I'm glad it worked out for the cousins, though!

Abby said...

we've been blessed big time. our house is old and it is nothing less than a true miracle that our house is still in one piece after winds like that.
Thank you God.

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...