Monday, January 18, 2010

the up side of fog

at least in the winter....

the last couple of days we've had some pretty dense fog in the mornings and it has produced some of the most beautiful scenes to gaze upon.
as I've grown older I've grown to dislike the cold but add that cold with a low hanging cloud and it is simply awesome. I mean that in the most exact meaning of the word, awesome. and it's such a shame that photography can never come close to capturing the complete awe one experiences from being out in that cold looking at and being a part of the awesome beauty.







see what I mean?

3 comments:

The Osborne Family said...

That's what it looked like in Rochester, too, and I was wishing I had my camera. Thanks for posting!

Abby said...

you're welcome. I really couldn't pass up the chance of snapping a few pictures of my fuzzy, frosty, yard.

that's pretty much the only reason I have any pictures of it... it was in my yard and the camera was just in the house.
I wish I would have had the time to go out in the woods but by the time I took these shots it was falling out of the trees and the time was rapidly running out.

enjoy

Anita said...

I've thought the same thing over the last few days! I LOVE it when the frost settles on the trees like that! I'm so glad you got some pictures. I wanted to get some but my pictures of things like that never turn out well. You're so much better at that photography stuff than me!

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...