Tuesday, January 12, 2010

5 !! (the exclaimations are my astonishment)

Yes it's true, he is now five years old.
Yesterday was Connor's birthday! He spent most of the day trying to convince me that he was going to be four all over again. He even told that to aunt Birdie when Gramma had her on the phone for a few minutes.
but he gladly put 5 candles on that cake.

if you are thinking that frosting is looking might familiar, you are correct. he's had the same frosting with sprinkles for the last three birthdays.
blowing out the candles almost always ends up with the blower working at it for a while.



I think it took him about five tries before he had that last one out.
last year he cut his own cake. it was a pretty good effort.
this year he had highly improved his cake cutting skills. there was a row of large pieces, but they were all symmetrically cut. I was proud.

and now that he is so big, he needed to help with Gramma's candles.

then time for presents. that can never come soon enough. Connor was telling me that he wanted to open presents before cake and ice cream. a nice idea, but that never works; we'd never get around to the cake that way. I suppose there's really nothing wrong with that but, hey, it's cake!

presents....
He really liked the gifts he received.
I should have taken a picture of him when he was ready for bed. he has a pajamas shirt and pants set with Cars all over it. along with this marker board he got Cars magnets and Cars socks.
for bed he was Cars right down to his toes.
then it seemed to turn into a car themed birthday when grandma and grandpa gave him a remote controlled car. a picture of him playing with that in a minute...


and he got an Atari plug and play game. he can plug it into the video and audio ports on any TV that has them and he can play some of the good old Atari games from Tim's and my youth. we never had them as kids, but I remember playing them at friends' houses and Kmart.



but the biggest hit was the car. yes that car is on the wall.

even though it is a picture of the back of Connor you can see he is grinning from ear to earHappy Birthday!

2 comments:

Anita said...

You are so much braver than I! I looked at one of those cars for Brady for Christmas and all I could think about was all the things he would be knocking off of the walls. I'm such a party pooper!

I love his cake cutting skills from last year. That's too funny!

Abby said...

it was grandma and grandpa that got him the car.
the sad thing is that this house has so few good flat surfaces that he can only drive it on the kitchen floor and a couple of the walls. if it hits the slightest bump or groove in the wall the car falls. maybe that's sad, but maybe a good thing too.
he is under strict instructions not to drive the car in the bathroom... I don't want to have to fish it out of the toilet, and that would be our luck.

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...