Tuesday, April 17, 2012

and the winner is

kidney stones! yay

so yesterday was by far the most miserable day and it only got worse as the day went on. Tim and I spent the entire night in the emergency room. tests and more tests, waiting and more tests revealed that I have some small stones in both kidneys. it was so awful that I was painfully nauseous all day long. so I now have a pretty strong prescription for pain relief and an anti nausea medicine.

while we were there they checked on the baby. however, the ultrasound tech said that because of hospital policy she was not allowed to tell me anything about what she was seeing on the ultrasound, baby or kidneys, so I just looked at Tim who was watching the screen that I couldn't see. I made sure he could see the baby and a heartbeat and that's really all I wanted to know for sure anyway.

in a few hours we have a prenatal appointment anyway and so we will be going to follow up with my OB and hopefully get to hear the baby again. that would be wonderful and make so much of this discomfort worth it.


1 comment:

The Osborne Family said...

I haven't looked at blogs FOREVER, so YAY for Erica and Timothy making the honor roll again, YAY for Ronan's Kindergarten Roundup (Christopher was SO excited for his but then got really nervous and shy once we were there), YA for baby heartbeats, and BOO for kidney stones!!! I hope you feel better soon. I'll look at your blog some more later...like after I actually do my homework...

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...