Thursday, April 26, 2012

our weather has been just awful!  it was nice and warm a few weeks ago and then it got cold again.  we've been having a hard time getting warmer than 55 - 60 degrees.

in fact, many of our trees and flowers were tricked into budding and blooming early and then we had a frost that has done a number on fruit tree blossoms and other plants and because it's been cold the plants have been sluggish and can't do anything.

but I had a happy surprise the other day when I checked on my flowers around my house and found that one cluster of my irises had buds on them. 
yesterday I went out to check on them and they had opened!  I must have them in just the perfect spot.  tightly against the house on the south side so it's been protected from the wind we've had for the last few days.


1 comment:

Anita said...

My mini irises in my garden bloomed yesterday, too!! I was very happy to see them!

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...