Thursday, May 3, 2012

Prom last weekend

 
 Erica's date is her very good friend, Jonathan.  he's the son of a very good friend of mine and my sisters.  we've all known him since he was born.
 here they are exchanging their corsages.  taking these pictures in the house was a little bit of a trick.  they are both MUCH taller then I am and I was trying to give myself a bit of height by kneeling on the couch.  it wasn't working too well because I kept sinking into the couch.

  looking at these pictures and I am just amazed at how very much Erica looks just like me from 20 years ago.
and Jonathan, you are very handsome.  

 if you can't tell, taking pictures outside was bordering torture and inhumane treatment.  I made Erica take off her coat to show off her dress.  and I really feel bad about it because it was only about 46 degrees out that day (on April 28th)  YIKES
the group of friends.  they had dinner at the young lady's house in the green dress.  they had fun at dinner.
and prom was a good time as well.  Erica was so excited to tell us all about it.  and I was so excited to hear all about it. 
a very Erica and Jonathan pose
I thought I felt old before!  it's hard to believe that I have a child old enough to go to prom.
next thing I know she will be graduating from high school and then shortly after that she'll be married and have her own kids.
I feel like so much of life is out of my control... but then I guess it really is so I will just have to love every moment that comes my way - or should I say passes by so quickly.

No comments:

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...