Tuesday, June 2, 2009

35! can you believe it?

My husband did not want to accept the idea that he was going to turn 35.

ages back when my little sister and I still played house and barbies, we used to have to choose how old we were along with all the other details of the game. We always said we were 15 and sometimes 18 and a few times we'd go so far as to say 19 (gasp) but never any older than that because once you were 20 you were OLD!
I think that when Tim used to play like that (not barbies) he must have thought that 35 was much to old to even be alive anymore, because he's been walking around here for the last 2 weeks mentioning how it was the last time he would ever ________. (fill in the blank)
much to our surprise, not only did he turn 35 but he is still with us! :)

another thing about Tim is that he really does not like frosting on cake. he doesn't even really like cake, (only if it's chocolate and only sometimes) he will play nice when it comes to birthdays and he will eat cake. mostly for the sake of the kids, he gets a cake on his birthday and this time I didn't put any frosting on it. (because I love you, Tim)

I did, however put powdered sugar on it and the kids did love it just like that. in fact, Ronan and Connor ~ and I think I caught Timothy too ~ licked the sugar off the top before they ate the rest.
but I don't think that I had to throw out much more than a tiny crumb.

Tim is also quite camera shy, so even though I did take a couple of pictures, I will not embarass him by putting his picture on here right now.

No comments:

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...