Monday, June 15, 2009

oh my, what a day

it was chaos from beginning to end. Connor was either sassing or bawling all day long. he wants to do everything that all people do so when we went outside this morning (and that was a circus act) he decided that he wanted to have an apple. the new rule around here is that if you want to eat an apple that's just fine, but it must be at least quartered and the seeds out because that is the only way any of these kids will actually finish an apple. {I've been so frustrated with all the apples with only two or three bites taken out of them and then thrown away ~grrr}
I told him that would be fine but that he should bring me the apple and I would cut it for him. shortly after he went in to get an apple he came back out crying and bleeding. he had cut his thumb. thankfully it was just a small cut but I was so furious that he just can't listen to me.
then there was all the fighting.

I was starting to think about putting them all outside and then locking the door behind them only to let them in for lunch and bathroom breaks.

1 comment:

The Osborne Family said...

You don't have to let them in for lunch or bathrooms breaks- they can have a picnic and pee in the bushes.

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...