Wednesday, June 17, 2009

her first big job

a couple of weeks ago I was talking with my Dad and he asked if Erica would like to dog sit for them while they would be out of town today. YES! she would absolutely love that. so it was agreed that today she would go today.
through the remainder of that conversation it was mentioned that on Fridays my dad and step mom go to the Temple and work until late and they kennel the dogs on those days. He then asked if she would like to make a bit of money this summer and come over on Fridays all through the summer and stay the night.
there is just no down side here for all involved.
What could be better for her? she gets to earn a bit of money, show that she can be responsible and she gets to stay over night at Grandma and Grandpa's house. and for my dad, they don't have to rush quite so much on those mornings, I'm sure they get to save a bit of money by not paying a kennel/vet or where ever they went and they get to know that the dogs were happy being at home instead of sad locked up those days.

Last Friday she started her summer job and she loved it. she went and played with the dogs, made sure they went out to go potty, made sure they were fed.

she had some company after my sisters and my aunt were done with work so she wasn't totally lonely, but Erica does well on her own anyway.
She's been very excited about her summer job.

1 comment:

The Osborne Family said...

That's awesome! Yay for Erica!

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...