Thursday, July 2, 2009

I went for a little drive today

there is a beautiful cemetery across the road and down a block from our house. It is the cemetery that my grand father and great grandmother are buried.
it's a bit of a peninsula so the lake surrounds most of it. it is very quiet there and very pretty.
every once in a while we will drive around out there and sometimes there will be geese wandering around up there. this time of year it great for them to be there with their babies. there is almost never anyone there to bother them.
as I was slowly making my way through I noticed a very young rabbit close to the side of the road. it was a little nervous but that didn't last long. I stopped and looked at him out the window and he just came closer and closer until he was almost under the van. rabbits have such adorable gangly legs.

I think that I am going to make a point to go for a walk out there at least 3 or 4 times a week if not more.

No comments:

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...