Wednesday, July 22, 2009

miniature flowers

about two or three years ago I planted some cosmos in one of my flower beds. they just keep coming back each year. I've dug down and turn the soil each year and buried the top layer of dirt under another foot of soil but they still come back! but that's alright, I suppose, because they are bright and colorful and that is the reason I plant flowers.
but we have had a few cosmos come up that are interesting. they are miniature flowers and for a cosmos flower they are practically microscopic.

We have actually had a cosmos that was much smaller than this one. this one is about the size of a white clover. I had one last summer that was about half this size. I couldn't believe my eyes, it was so so small.
I'm not sure why they only grow to this tiny size. I suspect it may have something to do with the amount of clay that we have in the yard.
but how cute.

No comments:

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...