Saturday, July 11, 2009

blah blah blah

I've been writing to this blog for just over a year.

I have a couple of readers and I'm really not doing this for any kind of popularity, but I feel like such a small fish when I look at a few people's blogs who have huge numbers of followers. one of my crochet blogs has almost 900 public readers.

I suppose those bloggers just have more confidence in themselves than what I have in myself. I guess that comes from living in the shadow of far more talented and praised siblings.

but I've been asked to keep going and I will try to. I've been slacking for the last few weeks but I just don't know what to talk about.

Erica is getting ready for camp for next week. she will be gone from the 14th to the 17th. I hope she has a fun time.

4 comments:

Anita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anita said...

I had a big typo in my first comment. That bugs me, but here is the original comment, minus the typo.

Definitely keep going! I like reading your blog. And I know how you feel about not feeling like anyone is reading. Some of my friends' blogs put up a simple post about something like breakfast and get 10 comments the first day. I barely get one or two and they're usually from my sisters. It does have a tendency to make you feel unloved.

The Osborne Family said...

My sisters keep harassing me to update my blog. Blah. I do it for me when I have time. If someone is interested in our lives, that's awesome, but I have nowhere near 900 fans. I guarantee it.
I like your blog. I read it. love the pictures and the projects. Keep it up.

Birrd said...

I thought I'd laid to rest all my issues about popularity when I graduated from high school-- then I started blogging. For some reason I was seized with this intense desire to be "popular" in the blogosphere and have hundreds of complete strangers eagerly hanging on every hilarious and insightful post. Then I realized that if I did that I would be so worried about keeping my popularity that I wouldn't be able to be myself. And I would spend so much time composing just the right post that I wouldn't have time to be myself. It's probably intuitive for many people, but for me it had to be a conscious decision to say "I am going to blog for myself and not anyone else and if people want to read it great, but if they don't I don't care."

I love your blog. I think you're fabulous and I love knowing what you're doing. I hope you keep blogging, but only if it makes you happy.

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...