Wednesday, October 7, 2009

today is a GREAT BIG day

Emma turns 7 today, the 7th!

this year is a big one for Golden Birthdays. first Ronan, now Emma, and in a couple of months Timothy will have his.


this is our birthday girl this morning.
to make today a big deal for her - at school the kids usually take a treat to share on their birthday. I usually get Little Debbie's for them to pass around but I did the insane and made a double batch of sugar cookies and we frosted them and put sprinkles on them.
I usually don't undertake such a big project until Christmas when I make treats and stock pile them for Christmas day. but today is extra special and hopefully she will remember this for a long long time.

Happy Golden Birthday, Emma!
More pictures to come.

4 comments:

The Osborne Family said...

Woo hoo! Happy Birthday, Emma! I bought her present while I was in UT. I hope she likes it!

Abby said...

that's so sweet of you to get her something, especially when you were away.

I'm sure that she will love it.

Anita said...

Happy birthday Emma!!

They let you take homemade treats to school? We have to take store bought items. We can't take any foods that are homemade to school for ANY reason. That was ambitious of you to make cookies and decorate them! I'm sure she'll remember it for a long time.

Birrd said...

She is beautiful! I love golden birthdays!

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...