Monday, January 12, 2009

Birthday Birthday!

Yesterday was a special day but it was a busy one so pictures didn't get put up. It was Connor's birthday! Hooray!
This was four years ago. Time flies. look how tiny he was. that little head compared to my hand. But he wasn't a tiny baby - he was 8 lbs 11 oz. (not my biggest baby, but not my smallest either)


in the morning before church he did allow me to take his picture, though he was grumpy and tired. He's so big.
as soon as we got home from church he was out of his clothes and put on his footy pajamas. he loves them so we let him wear them since it was his birthday.
we had pizza and pop for supper because he is four and that is his favorite.
Then we waited for Gramma and Grampa to get to our house. Connor was about to burst he was so impatient. He wanted cake and he wanted it now. But he survived the wait. Then my sister came over to wish him a happy birthday and she brought presents too. so he was kept occupied with them until we were all ready for cake and ice cream.

then it was time to get down to business. he had the same cake and frosting as he did last year and I didn't realize that until I was scattering the sprinkles on the cake.

But there's more than just Connor's birthday that makes the day great, it is also Gramma's birthday. for the last four years she has come over for Connor's day and I was thinking that she should have a cake too, because we couldn't figure out what kind of present to get her.

so we made gramma a cake, too. she got to have some candles and Ronan helped blow out the candles for gramma. (she had one boyfriend)

because he is such a grown up, Conn wanted to cut the cake all by himself. he did a great job. yes, we all love to have perfectly symetrical cake, but he did a wonderful job for his first birthday cake cutting job. even now at the ripe old age of 34, I still cut crooked sometimes. so he's right up there with the best of us.
the corner in the top where the sprinkles are missing is where Ronan helped himself to some frosting.

I don't know how late he stayed up, I went to bed around 9:30 or 10:00. Daddy was awake and so Connor stayed up playing his new DS game and wearing his new head light. this morning I found him curled up on the couch with his head light and his DS.
it was a good birthday

1 comment:

Birrd said...

Happy Birthday Connor! Maybe someday I'll get to meet you.

That looks like a good cake!

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...