Sunday, June 27, 2010

terrible weather and our poor Emma.

she probably feels like the forces of nature are against her.

Thursday night she spent the night at my sister's house and the next day she went with my niece, nephew and her uncle (my brother in law) to his brother's house and they spent the day there.
the weather started picking up and just as they were getting back to their house the storm really came after our little part of the world.
they spent some time in their basement while we were over here huddling in our bathroom (the basement is a trick... I'll just leave it at that)
their place got hit pretty hard and they have such a mess, but thank God they still have a home.

now that experience was harrowing enough for every one (I have some issues myself with the experience we had here)
but tonight she and the youngest two are staying with Grandma and Grandpa and guess what... they ended up in the basement because of the weather.

3 comments:

Anita said...

Oh, those storms were a doozy! Friday night was by far the worst storm we've experienced since we moved to Minnesota! The sky was pretty cool afterwards, though. Even with that, I can wait for another long while before we go through that again.

Does Anna need new tomato plants? I'm glad everyone was safe out that direction, despite the damage!

Abby said...

I'm not sure about her tomatoes... I think they were alright, but I think her potatoes took a rough beating after the tree fell on them and then people trompled them while clearing the tree. :(

I've been in some pretty scary weather since moving to this house, but I think Friday I was the most afraid of the weather that I have ever been
then it didn't help my stress levels since Erica and Emma were away from home.

Anita said...

Potatoes! I thought I heard her say that her TOMATOES got smashed by a tree. I hope her potatoes can survive the multiple beatins!

Not being able to actually see your family members during something like that is the worst!!! I can only imagine how worried you had to be about the girls!

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...