Tuesday, October 5, 2010

it wasn't all bad (a lot of pictures)

the day we went out to the falls we hadn't even left home yet and Connor came running back in the house and was so excited. he told me that I had to come and see what Emma had. with the cooler temperatures everything is a bit sluggish.

she caught a leopard frog. those things are tricky to get a hold of. the longer she held it the more it warmed up and struggled to get away. it would kick and push the hand she had supporting his legs

she giggled a lot.


then we went out to see the falls. the kids had so much fun and I wasn't a complete tyrant the entire time. As soon as they got out of the car they were climbing and running.
there were a couple of places that I could allow them to freely run and have fun.

Ronan and Emma started it.
see them running in the background of this picture of Connor being Farmer Brown
they were running through the picnic area and Emma ran too close to the tree...(maybe she meant to do it) but she put her foot up on the tree and bounced off and kept running. everyone saw her do it and it was so cool! every one of the kids had to have their turn, then it turned into 'how high up the tree can I run'I really should have stopped them because it is a State Park. but I think that I was just so relieved to not have to keep them away from the fences and railings that I just didn't care if they were abusing the tree a little.....
just so long as they weren't risking falling into this churning wateror off a cliff


so I let them get it out of their systems


Connor may have gotten a little worn out from all the running around.
I was secretly hoping for this. let them wear themselves out and they might not give me trouble when it's time for bedsome might call this cheating, but Ronan is the winner... although Timothy did run the highest without any help
in the bike rack. yeah.... you're guess is as good as mine.
:)



No comments:

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...