Saturday, October 30, 2010

Holidays are fast upon us

at this moment, I have only 3 more presents I have left to buy for Christmas. I have 1 more birthday present to worry about.
I have to say that I love the internet. there are it's down sides, but Christmas is made so much easier. but at the same time it does make my shopping far more complicated.

Yesterday I asked Ronan (3 years old) what he would like for Christmas. He said that he wanted Doctor Who ~ yes my children are scifi geeks. I asked him what kind of Doctor Who toy and he said he wanted a TARDIS. That's my boy!
I looked. I found. I bought.
after I bought it I realized that we are going to have a mini-Dr.Who theme this year since I have been working on a TARDIS blanket (if you don't know Doctor Who is one of the best science fiction TV shows that was ever made. a TARDIS is his space ship/time machine shaped like an old british police box) awesome.

you might be wondering why, since I was able to find such a strange present, does the internet make things more complicated. well it's like this
several years ago I had decided that I didn't like the meager options for toys in our area. I looked on the internet and that was the end of my shopping for Christmas in Walmart.
my kids still have relatively normal requests on their Christmas and Birthday lists. but I have a hard time just getting a regular Barbie or Hot Wheels, I believe I can do better/cooler. don't get me wrong, dolls and cars are great toys. we have many of them and when I say many I mean many.

I guess part of my reasoning for wanting something so different for my kids is that I want them to expand their minds, stretch their creativity and know that there is more to life and the world than what our part of the world can offer.

back to the planning and presents left.....
I am certainly feeling infinitely calmer this year than last year. I had been pretty much cursing the entire month of December last year.
at this rate I will have all gift shopping done in a couple of weeks, then I can wrap things all December. *sigh*

1 comment:

Anita said...

No. Fair. Aside from our extended families (which I took their presents with me to Utah/Idaho when I went in July) I haven't even started anything for Christmas! I'm at a loss for presents this year.

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...