Thursday, November 20, 2008

learning a difficult lesson

Today Connor was supposed to go play with grandpa and grandma. He was all gung-ho about it about an hour before Grandpa got here right up until grandpa got here. He got mad at me because I was winterizing my bedroom window and wouldn't play a game on the computer for him. Grandpa got here and Connor was still mad and instead of going to have a fun time away from home he chose to stay and pout. I asked him a couple of times if he was sure that he wanted to stay home and he was sure. I tried to remind him that it's fun to go on outings but he was resolute in his choice to stay and be grumpy. I don't know what he thought was going to happen. Grandpa couldn't stay long and had to go shortly after arriving and I'm still terribly sorry that he had to drive all this way only to turn right around with no Connor.
3 minutes after Grandpa drove away Connor was sniffling away in my chair. "mom, you were right *sniff, sniff* I should have gone with grandpa."
I was right.... that happens sometimes

No comments:

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...