Saturday, November 29, 2008

hooo?

tonight a few of the kids are sick with this terrible cold that has been going around. Emma, Connor, and Erica are all coughing away and woke me up (this was about 2:20 this morning). I got Emma a drink and was about to go back to sleep when I heard something that I haven't heard in years ~ an owl in our tree. I thought that maybe I had imagined it and listened hard and I heard it hooting again. Emma was still awake so I pointed it out to her. I realized that there was someone in the living room coughing too so I went out to see who it was. Erica had come out and was on the couch so I had her listen really closely. by then we could hear two owls. They were so cool to hear that I decided to wake up Timothy so he could hear them too. we listened to the owls in our trees for about 15 minutes.
I wish we could have seen them. We tried peeking carefully through the curtains but we could not make out any silhouettes in the dark. I think we may have spooked them because they stopped hooting.

I hope they come back often.

No comments:

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...