Friday, November 7, 2008

weeee

our first day of accumulation. I had to go and take pictures quick before it melted. Timothy came out with me this morning. We just ran out fast ~in our pajamas~ and stayed on the sidewalk and driveway.

I was so thrilled for Emma since she's been asking me for weeks when it was going to snow. Well today is that day.
So I woke her up and showed her the snow, but a cruel twist of fate ~ she is sick today and can't play in it.
She came in my room in the middle of the night and said that her head hurt. This morning her head still hurt and when I asked her if she wanted to go to school or stay home she opted for staying home. Knowing how much she loves school, she must feel really crummy ~ and she looks like she feels really crummy.


but she has some good company to help her stay cheered up. they've been watching a TV show about crocodiles. it must have been pretty interesting if Ronan wanted to see that verses grinning for the camera.

Emma and I decided that the snow looks perfect for snow men. We have about a half inch out there and it's coming down some more right now.
later I will go outside and make a tiny snowman and sit him in the cottage. I'll replace the saggy pumpkins with crisp little snow people.
Yay for winter, it feels so Christmasy. but the glee of having snow won't last long. Come January we'll all be tired of it. but until then, hooray for snow!

2 comments:

The Osborne Family said...

Wow! You guys got a lot of snow! We only had a dusting. Most of it melted as soon as it hit the ground.
I'm sorry Emma was sick. My boys were sick last week and I was sick the week before. Icky germs!

Abby said...

Emma snapped back pretty quickly. Tim on the other hand was sick most of the weekend and missed work yesterday. I have never seen him be so sick before. He didn't have a fever at all but he was so miserable and had other symptoms that most people would normally have but I don't think he ever has (or at least not since he was a child because he can't remember ever being sick like he was)

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...