Monday, November 24, 2008

what I'm thankful for

with Thanksgiving only three days away I have been wondering what I'm thankful for.

Today this is it ~ Hot and running water.


over the weekend our water heater died. it had rusted through and was leaking steadily all over the basement. This was especially irritating because I had bought the water heater, brand new, only four years ago.
Tim and I heaved the new one downstairs yesterday and he worked and worked at that thing and the pipes didn't want to seal so by 10pm last night I emotionally fell apart and we called it quits. This morning, thinking in case of the worst case scenario, I called my sister and asked if they could come and help and so they did. Now the water is back and it's hot and I am indescribably overjoyed to be able to wash my hands.

No comments:

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...