Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I jumped on the cocoon train

okay... I did it. I don't know that I'll keep doing this, but I just might because I figured out how to use a stitch that I really like that, it seems, no one else is using for baby cocoons.

I started to experiment for a baby hat and swaddling cocoon for the daughter of a darling friend who is due very soon. I want to have just the right stitch so it doesn't look to geometrical and, well, retro to put it nicely.
I figured out how to do a tunisian knit stitch and I'm very happy with it. it works up nice and squishy soft and it looks like I knitted it instead of crocheted it.


I'll put a picture up of the prototype soon. it's totally cute. it makes me wish I had a tiny baby to try it out on.


As promised.... a picture of the cocoon with hat

No comments:

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...