Monday, November 1, 2010

trick or treat

this year we had three kids to trick or treat. they were all so eager, but none as much as Connor. he was truly vibrating from the excitement.HULK WANT CANDY

I have a rule that once you turn 12 you are now too old to beg for candy on Halloween. teens are so greedy and then they take the fun out of it for the tiny kids. my older children knew they are not going to be trick or treating.

Emma is wearing a dress I bought for Erica when she was really little. I found her a new witch hat this year and then we were going to do fake eyelashes that matched, but they didn't work at all!

for Connor and Ronan I bought them costumes with money I earned from my store.
because my big kids didn't go trick or treating, I didn't really concern myself with getting them ready but I focused on costumes for the little ones.

Connor is the Hulk and Ronan is Optimus Prime. they play iron man and spider man so much (especially Ronan) that I forbade them to choose either of those costumes.

Timothy and Erica opted to be scary lawn decorations for Grandma.
I took the pictures right before we took the little ones out (while they weren't too tired to stand still for a moment to snap a picture)

the pictures of the bigger kids get to wait for last because they were gross. timothy looked like this just until we left. he went in and washed his hands and neck and put on a couple more sweatshirts, took his shirt with the 'blood' and wore it on the outside of everything and went a new direction with the blood. more on that in a moment.

Erica laid on the ground and giggled and giggled while I tried to take a picture. I snapped fast in her very brief moments of composure. I said I was taking crime scene pictures and she started laughing. and then she had a hard time stopping.

after Tim changed his look he got uncle John's old skateboard as a prop. He laid down on the ground next to the side walk then put the skate board upside down over his leg.

Erica took some more fake blood and oozed it down her shirt more. by the time we got back she was in a lawn chair but she looked really gross. I did tell them that they had better not go over board with the blood because there were going to be really little kids stopping by.
I didn't get any pictures of the skate board accident and the dead girl in the lawn chair because when we got back they jumped up and I was shot and didn't want to pose them again. maybe grandma got a picture? but that's okay if she didn't

No comments:

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...