Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sean the Ranger

I know a young man (younger than me so I can call him that) who I can consider my friend. I've known him since he was a baby. and though we have never been exceptionally close I think of him and worry about him while he is on his adventure.
you see he has decided to take a journey and the rules he has about this adventure is this. he is homeless. during this time in his life he is writing a blog about his experiences as a homeless person. he is doing what he can to make people aware that not all homeless people are drugged out, thieves, or insane. many people who are without a place to live simply have hit on hard times. they have lost jobs and have been unable to find work to pay for a home.
very few people actually choose to be homeless.

most of my readers already know about his blog, but I'm sharing the link anyway....

it has been interesting to follow along with the bits of his life that he has chosen to share.

and because Sean is practically family (being son of my friends and nephew to other friends, and cousin to many more of my friends, and just being really cool and kind himself) pray for him so that he will be kept safe.

2 comments:

Birrd said...

Thanks for posting this, I'm glad to know about it. I think what he's doing is amazing, but he does need our prayers to keep him safe! And I'd hate to be Missy right now, worrying about him...

Sean Donner said...

It means so much to me when I see things like this. Thank you so much for taking the time you have to write this and for everything else you've done for me. It's all been very much noticed and appreciated.

almost 2 years have gone by

why do I always do this? so many things have happened in the past two years.  I just feel so silly that I haven't kept up on the blog.  ...